Tuesday, October 7, 2014

i am Human first views on racism



I have being off my game  for the last few days of late and a bit of its got to do with media and social media consistently focusing on race and racism. I don’t condone it in any form and to anyone racism or reverse racism some of my best friends are different races, some of my new relatives by marriage are different and lord know I have being on the dark side of racism. Please value me first as a human being because that’s how I see you. The price has already being paid by history for us to live in change and unity, so why are we repeating history like we don’t have a brain to think and a mouth to open and say no I am not going to be part of that again, I don’t like being treated like that so I won’t do it, we act like don’t have a heart that craves to feel love and acceptance and in the same breathe turn around and hate and label someone as ugly as less than human, if you like and want a label that’s between you and you it’s part of some cultures that are not going anywhere… for a second and I know it’s hard but think … something as vile as racism can only come from a ugly heart from a place of fear and hate and at the risk of being ridiculed unpopular and being called soft I like to think I am not perfect but I have love in my heart I am not the most handsome but my mind and heart are beautiful I dictate that not you.

 My daughter is bi racial god rest her soul, was I to teach her to hate half of herself and explain to her she is a love child, was to tell well half of you is human and the half well?  Please don’t get me wrong I am not trying to be politically correct, we all have moments and we associate to each other differently in our own circles. When you speak do you think about what coming out of your mouth when you look at some body and react a certain way do you know how you make them feel?  “But Gerald they do it to us so why not do it to them” as my mother would “say if they were jumping off a cliff would you”. As somebody who is flawed and one day hopes to arrive at this thing called being a Christian, I need to call out anybody  else who is one or claims the name if god is love and racism hate what’s in your  heart.  It’s not about pointing fingers I am not asking you to solve the problem of racism I am just asking you take a look at your own heart and ask what’s inside and are you comfortable with it. Can you be a higher human being by simply saying no I am not going to be part of that and act on it, and the truth is it might take time, and if you’re comfortable with that hatred in your heart and mind then cool as I said it not about pointing fingers, I can’t change you only ask you to think? I am take a moment and pray for you, because hate is a time stealer and all it does is fester and it’s ugly it kills relationship. Love dictates I that I pray for my enemy and forgive them and hardest part which even I struggle with is love you. It’s not about how I feel  but it comes from the part of me high best possible me I am becoming every day. Remember there is nothing as perverse as silence … think


No comments: