Sunday, November 18, 2007

Secret in my veins

Being Zimbabwean to me lies in secret hidden deep inside my veins
A truth so evident even I can not deny it
Politics can debate it ..history can not affront it
New knowledge would endeavor and fail to change it
Time has not changed it
I know only one truth .. and god will confirm it
But only on the last day when it will matter no more
But it will just be nice to know

Being African to me lies in a secret deep inside my veins
My complexion is shadow of my true form
My heart beats with her in pain and in joy
My soul sat with her and refused to be defined “it just is “
Not by them and not by you we just where
I marvel at her paradox the biggest smiles and the biggest tears to fill the nile
I will not and can not hide behind a false sense of patriotism, optimism, pessimism, intellectualize nor history as an excuse .
I am just pro life as I watch time watch us and smile

Being a son to me lies in a secret hidden in the depths of my veins
It was not knowing when I would fall
But by watching you knowing I must rise
It was in being foolish and latter realising your words where wise
It was in conversations in emotion no words just eye’s
I never loved like this before
Funny enough it still manages to grow … this love thing
Call me Oliver twist I stand before you .. this love thing and ask for more


No comments: