Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Me (guest poet rochelle))

See Me
Like the cover of a book
My ethnicity, my race
Because they are a part of who I am
Even though I did not chose them
They are, the first piece of me you see

Hear me
The dialect of my speech
The way I speak Because it comes out of who I am
It is placed inside of me
It is the only thing you know for certain that comes from within me

Judge me
By the content of my character
Which is my faith
Because it is who I am
It is what I have been taught
It is a piece of me I reveal to you

Watch me
As a plot unfolds
My actions Because they are the story of my life
They are what I've chosen
I amThe piece of me that confirms what you conclude I am

Know me
The perspective from which I see the world
How I view myself
Because it is the understanding of who I am
It is why I chose to live the way I do
What am I to you but a piece of the world as you see it

Rochelle

No comments: