Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why I am quiet

Why do I stay silent when I could tell you I love you?

If I claim to be a poet and a writer then.. I should know love conquers all”

It is Because there is a fear in you, which has made words ask why should I should lay them on the page?

Your skin tone speaks to me, my stupid smile replies

I try and look the opposite direction, my eye confess they don’t want to tell lies

In this modern day they preach liberty democracy and free

They obviously not looking from this side of the cage

I am free to hurt as stay quiet

Silence hurts.. But it is beautiful because I can say what I want

In my look .. .. . and in my shy I shout …

The angel say SPEAK… and I say….? nothing

I want to open doors for you

By you flower for no reason

Feel bad, but feel good about missing you when we part

At least I know I care .. .. .. I don’t have to guess or be told

To be the dumbest thief .. and show you how I will steal your breathe away

Things are that simple..! as I lay a rose down on the tomb stone of aged romance

I am sorry I am old school … maybe I am just pure fool

But … yes alas there is always a but .. .. this not a movie or a fairytale

To many whispers “new age”.. “money” .. “want against a need” ..”feminism” .. it not for me

I am simple .. I still hope … and stare at stars… hold hands .. you know ?

My conversations with god I serenade to her if you listen to my silence

And me and god talk and walk.. I know I am still a poet ..

These poems written on my smile.

Quite frankly couldn’t be bothered to explain … if that explains my silence

“child” Gerald Munengami

No comments: