Sunday, September 10, 2017

Family affair Series 1 part 5 Dick-tation

Dick-tation
His eyes continued to scroll over the last pages of the script.. he was tapping his pen on the table , twirling the pen in his hands
“Umm.. so mr storm  you wrote this ? Forgive me but I have to ask these questions, its not you its just that.. .. This is some exceptional work a very in depth look in human nature on a fictional bases the kind of stuff that comes from one who has lived life to the full, may be even two life times things that can only be learnt by experience … and well frankly we don’t question the quality of the work we question the authenticity?” .. he had the nerve to sit there  say that as if he had lived his life to the fullest, I didn’t notice a best seller on his shelf …
 My editor looked across at me apologetically, while the chief editor went on his rambling at this point my face lacked expression ..I was desperately trying not feel a sense of contempt  for him.. when I was just a script with no face I was good enough , but when  the script had a  face a race .. become a musician .. to make it worse a rap musician …  it began the thing the we fear the most but as people  we do so well .. but so wrongly  ..we judgement.
 I took the straw from the corner of my mouth, while I turned my teddy bear around to face me  his name was pookie , he was sitting on the table I smiled at him and turned him around again to face the editor “yes that’s mine , why after all it was handed in by me  it has my name on it ”.
The chief editors had a stereo typical bureaucratic look, the creases on his for head most probably from the frustration of his personal accomplishments or their lack of.. I could only imagine all the young talented writer whom had sat in this chair before me.. the bow tie beady pea looking eyes the pointy little nose with the glasses hanging just on the edge every thing about him said institute and tradition sorry my mistake.. it said prude  “so how did you write this”.
 I couldn’t help my self  “With a pen and a pad.. Sometimes a computer sorry.. it fell from heaven and landed in my lap and I felt this incessant  need to have it published in my name ”. strange enough there was some truth in that last part.
 looking left and then right a light laugh leaning back into his seat as if he had some kind of authority over  me , as if there was something about him i should fear .. but why ..? after all he was just a mortal man.
“You can be sarcastic or you can be serious about this and get the piece published” I had to take a couple breathes to calm down  to be still in heart, I don’t even know why I was letting him get under my nerves looking him in the eye.
“you really want to know how I wrote  this book … I wrote it with patients diligence wisdom and understanding….I observe the way we treat each other that’s it, I look and I listen to things, we as humanity …have forgotten to do .. .. as you are doing now , some would say I am gifted , you see sight is the ability to  observe  vision is the ability to interpret, ( getting up ..walking around the room) so please pay attention ,this is  just a small truth …I’ll will walk into a pub  and stand by the bar  order a drink and observe , more than just the modern traditional mating rituals  of society and the  slow form of suicide and social  behaviour know as alcoholism
 no  I look in the corner of the pub for the old lonely man ,or randomly pick a person, African Irish Balkan , doesn’t matter often they are a plethora  of knowledge even if they are not aware , gate keepers of the time the holders of moments , and funny enough exactly what I am looking for because they are  biased in their opinion  the story they tell is theirs and theirs only but we all relate as we are human, part of the voltage most people will never tap into consciously  but yet we tap into regardless , and so I buy them a drink and talk to them , nobody likes being ..lonely that’s why they are in bar alone  just absorb human contact.. Often there are in the pubs just to escape part of the lacking we call loneliness, by just absorbing the atmosphere like a passive smoker does when they claim they have quit
 the chief editor  interrupting
what is the lacking
ignoring him i go on  “ so much so that  they have to tell me of a forgotten life story a human story … there story.. ..the ink is blood that runs through our veins .. the  blood mixed with our choices.. the pages are a bit more complicated caught in this thing we call time ..but make it simple the pages are based on perception and understanding or lack of it .. .. the right as well as the wrong as, life is like coin it has three side the good the bad  and the confused may be the  undecided, by telling me their story.. they are showing me a picture before it is completely painted ..  the difference between sight and vision is that sight is the ability to see vision is the ability to interpret ,you tend to learn more about humanity from individuals than you do, from the collective view we call history (his eyes becoming distant as I questioned the institution he based his himself )
the world wars the death the religion spirituality, sexuality fears culture tradition sexism beauty insecurities the difference between religion and communion the good all days and values and it’s misinterpretation, sitting on the bank of river watching mist and sun rise , the silver line coming across like gods finger pointing  out , a miracle… chasing dreams the highs the lows the stories untold the moments of hopelessness the moments of Gethsemane as I call them ..one feeling the world is so heavy, they ask god to remove or carry the burden for them , not knowing that , that’s the way it is , so much one can learn  without  reading a book not to mock you and your formal education”. 
Tapping his pencil on the desk “is this so.. But your uncultured you’re a rapper.. .. to young and the superior knowledge of human mind / nature and behaviour shown in your work took some the greatest minds years a lifetime to understand”  “is this because I am African” “don’t try and pull the race card on me son I have many black associates” “right?
 looking out the glass window out into the city trying to control the madness that comes with anger .. I wondered to my self  what was it about this mortal man that was annoying me so…“I seemed to have failed to get my point across.. then again you cant force eye’s open you can only hope to be light.. when I was learning how to play the guitar I realised something it is not playing the guitar  which is hard ” .. umm yes I thought to myself it was head that was harden against the guitar….
 “so tell me something since you have seem to have something against age and musicians ..   By the way you are thinning they say it lead to boldness?..(he was annoyed by my comment) Yes back to my age ..  And since you   know so well of time when exactly did Shakespeare start to show signs of brilliance or Van Gogh when did Fredrick Douglas start having a desire to read or paint  and teach when did Ali’s hands decide to be the greatest, when did Hitler’s ideals start to stand out (we might not like Hitler but he was intelligent).. when did Aretha Franklin start singing the way she does making tings run down the spine , when did tupac get the spark in his eye, when did Einstein realise his own potential  and regret e=mc squared … please don’t talk to me about my age until you can give me the exact dates of the questions I just asked”  “is that all” something’s just need to be said  but some breathe was no worth wasting …
  “ nah there is more  have you ever sat down at a table  in a restaurant   and listened… and listened to it …(he looked at me contemptuously )   to it… the table that is ..?,”  “ madness this going no where” all the people who have passed by this table ..so called inanimate object the holds the moments  if you would just listens!... do you know how  many hearts where broken at that table how many people proposed to each other , secrets between friends where shared, how many affairs where discussed .. maybe national security.  You can hear it if you listen.. but I can see that you are not ready to listening to me.. so either publish the book, or let me walk out its doesn’t bother me, but my intelligence being insulted does bother me…YOU HAVE NO POWER over me ” getting up to leave it’s just then the gift kicked in while my hand was on table  and I listened .. I just smiled at the editor as I picked pookie up and put him in the bag “ I see that your secretary likes to take dick..tation” “ get out of my office!!” “ the old man likes them young I see” just then I grabbed his hand pulled him close  “look through my eye’s” I whispered in his ears “ and other can see through them to? Hahha ha ”..
 Well what can I say that was one way sealing a book deal? If you would the affair was put to rest ..


No comments: