Sunday, January 8, 2017

My surrogate Daughter influence and my book ... Crazy enough to love me - unpacked


“Crazy enough to love me” … part of the inspiration behind the new book series is to encourage young people and some adults to “show up” to life with their imperfections and give themselves permission to be human and remove this false teaching of being perfect, to be relevant and be in the moment  enjoy it… in your imperfections that where you’re going to find your truth not a version of the truth the truth… In my journey as a surrogate father over the last years especially as I get closer to my surrogate daughter , I have learnt a lot about myself  and having her “teach me how to love you because I don’t always know all the time I am as new to this as you are ?”… and you definitely get it in the book  having to relearn how listen and not hear … finding each others love language and not only finding it  but speaking it as well in practical sense …. So many little lesson I am learning … but it’s in there in the book, I think my strength as a writer is that I take from reality and then I embellish it to make fiction  but because I am drawing from authentic emotion my audience get to feel it to …. They either say I can relate or they will say I so wish I had that … but connection is real ... Our children and the adults are hurting because we live in a society encourages us to hide behind these fake persona that limit our ability to connect love and be loved ... hiding behind the masks and covers robs you of community. Teaching my surrogate daughter the truth in our imperfection and accepting our contradiction but me telling doesn’t work , I have to show her and that journey of vulnerability in front of her which I can a test as a hetro sexual male is very uncomfortable, almost painful sometimes in a moment of truth scary … but my love for her is greater than my pride .. and in writing the book in the way that I have I hope to leave some crumbs of knowledge in there that could change some one’s life for the better … especially considering the issues we face in society with the generation gap and misunderstanding and my words can help to be a bridge between the two  and men and their daughters especially fatherless men …


The cloud I am out 

No comments: