Sunday, February 12, 2017

Wife 3 Detta the first one ... Strange fruit

“it’s bigger  and harder than I thought it would be … you know what do with it right ?”
“Maybe … sort of … no… maybe we shouldn’t... i mean there  no pressure ”
“no… I want it , that’s what people in love do we married now, I am your wife now (looking at her grass ring young love ), I will get on top  and show you how (hitting me) slowly okay.. i have never gone all the way either”



You don’t always  choose  who you fall in love with,
 if the school master life has taught anything at all its that the love chooses you. We were more aware being boy and girl than we were aware of being black and white, born in post-colonial Zimbabwe during a time of integration we were oblivious to history of our peoples and the insecurities and distrust of parents on both sides, I guess it proves as Mandela said we are not born racist but that’s another story … 

Pain is a strange bed fellow and it’s also a very powerful magnet for those of us in it  in it and who share it, understand it, nurse it heal it and for those with strength  and vision of happiness to banish it, those who choose to lie in it pain that is fester  and the pain becomes bitterness and cancer of the soul and eventually you die in body  or your body’s still here but we see it in your eyes. I guess we wanted to live and find out why Mr God sent us through time to this place called earth. Yes indeed pain draw us to each other, but we choose to do the falling in love on our own unaware what time would do and reveal about our peoples. To be honest I don’t remember  not ,not knowing her we met before innocence was stolen but I do recall the first time we officially met… My father died when I was 7 and that was the beginning  of the loss of innocence, my covering from the evils of the world had being stolen, I had being away from school for approximately 2 weeks, upon my return in the whole entire school including the teachers she was the only Caucasian person to give me her condolences Clique … She walked up to me handed me a rose gave me a hug while doing so said “sorry” and then kissed  my forehead and then disappeared like a ghost … I am not sure what happened in that moment, but the connection  for a life time was born, she felt my pain I felt hers even though I didn’t know what it was … 7 years old we walked into the highest level of human compassion adults fail to understand … She would be my first of a lot of things … We had  no idea of storm ahead of that was racism vs Love  …Love can endure anything but  trust is fragile, The test of loving someone who’s race you don’t trust … with good reason to they showed me who they are as Maya Angelou would say…

No comments: